Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bogani

Luxury tents, paved paths, cottages, wine, trees, monkeys, magi moto, hash browns, hyrax, goats, guests, friends around every corner, Kevo, Mary, Issiah, Sammy, Jackson, Wilson. This is fall. Bogani has turned into an enjoyable experience. Conversations flow around the dinner table. Friends laugh, and cry about the day. A day where a chimney was built, water was collected, kids were visited, bricks were laid, Kisaruni helped us learn, and hands were held. The Mara has become more green but the heat pours in.

---------------------------------Kids from Oloonkerin Primary school----------------------------------

Bogani is a place where we host adult groups. A place that is more comfortable that allows families to reflect on the day by a fire. It is an experience that encompasses all the makings of a magical vacation but will put you to work during the day. It has been a real pleasure to host the groups I have this fall, and I’m sure the pleasure will continue.

Between this, painting has helped me pass my time. Finally being able to breakdown the inspiration I have gathered throughout the past 9 months is refreshing. Finally being able to paint at all has been a breakthrough.

I can only imagine the next few months will pass by quickly with too many memorable moments. I look forward to getting back to the snow but I can only imagine it will be short lived. Nonetheless Canada here I come, can’t wait to see you old friends and new!

No comments:

Post a Comment